Lavender Lemonade Vegan Cheesecake
Spring is almost here and that’s worth celebrating! To kick off a season of refreshing recipes, we bring you a miracle: guilt-free cheesecake. The secret ingredient? Cashews! These protein-rich nuts can be soaked in warm water and blended to make a healthy cream cheese substitute. This dessert is perfect for sharing since it’s free of dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, and soy. But it’s so delicious, we wouldn’t blame you if you saved every last bite for yourself.
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 3 cups raw cashews (soaked in hot water for 2-3 hours, then drained)
- 1 tbsp dried lavender
- 1 cup Lighthouse Lemonade cordial
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line the inside of a baking pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the almonds, hazelnuts and dates. Pulse until a sticky dough forms.
- Press the dough into the pan to create an even crust layer. Place the pan in the fridge.
- Rinse out the food processor, then combine the cashews, lavender, Lighthouse Lemonade cordial, coconut oil, salt and vanilla. Blend until the mixture is as smooth as possible, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pull the pan from the fridge and pour the mixture over the crust. Cover and place in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
- When the cake is set and firm (and doesn’t jiggle when you wiggle the pie pan), grip the plastic wrap edges and place the cake on a serving plate. Gently pull the plastic wrap out from underneath. Top the cake with sliced lemons and dried lavender. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Not a fan of lavender? Swap out lavender with mint leaves for a fresher taste. If you find the coconut oil tastes too strong, try butter or a vegan butter substitute like Earth Balance instead. Share your favourite spring recipe using the hashtag #LighthouseLemonade – you could be featured on our blog!
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to see the latest recipes, giveaways, and more from Lighthouse Lemonade!