Fall weather has officially arrived and Thanksgiving is only a few days away!
We know Thanksgiving meals require a lot of planning and time in the kitchen, so we’re here to help you create the perfect drink menu for your guests! We’ve got three delicious, seasonal drink recipes for your gathering, including both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options for the entire family to enjoy.
Classic Autumn Cocktail
- 1 oz Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
- 5 oz gin
- 2 oz apple cider (regular or alcoholic)
- Splash of ginger beer (avoid ginger ale as it is much sweeter)
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- Apple slices and nutmeg for garnish
- Combine gin, Lighthouse Lemonade, and apple cider in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and pour into an ice-filled glass. Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with an apple slice and freshly-grated nutmeg.
Cranberry Lemon Punch
- 1 cup Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
- 2 litres sparkling water
- 2 cups real cranberry juice (avoid artificial cranberry juice or cocktail as it is much sweeter)
- 1 cup ice
- Fresh cranberries and orange or lemon slices for garnish
- Combine sparkling water, cranberry juice, Lighthouse Lemonade, and ice in a punch bowl.
- Top with garnish and serve.
Mulled Citrus Cider
- 1/4 cup Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
- 4 cups non-alcoholic apple cider
- Juice of 1 grapefruit
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon freshly-grated ginger
- 6 cardamom pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- Grapefruit, orange, and/or lemon slices for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let rest for 10 more minutes.
- Strain the cider into mugs.
We are so thankful for our amazing customers! You’re the reason we continue to make our delicious lemonade and we’re so glad you’re here for the journey. Let us know what you are thankful for this year and tag us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
It’s that time of year again – back to school season! The sun is still shining, but the kids are getting up early and making their way to class. Sending the kids off with healthy and delicious lunches is never easy, which is why we’re bringing you a simple treat to add into the school lunch rotation! This yummy snack is perfect for incorporating the Lighthouse Lemonade you love into a new treat for the whole family to enjoy. You’ll want to make extras for yourself to eat any time of day – we promise not to judge if you have them for breakfast.
- 3 tbsp Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cup block cream cheese, chopped
- zest of one lemon
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or a high-power blender and blend until combined – save ½ cup of shredded coconut for step 3.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Spread the remaining coconut on a plate and roll each ball in it until lightly coated.
- Place balls into the fridge to set for 3 hours.
- Remove balls from the fridge and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe. Be sure to tag us in your creation on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
We know it feels like the end of summer is just around the corner, but let’s not worry about that! The sun is still shining and there’s lots of time to enjoy it.
The great news is that those ice-cold drinks we know and love are still as refreshing as ever. It’s not too late to make more summer memories, and adding delicious drinks to the menu never hurts!
This easy recipe can be enjoyed on the patio, at the cottage, with friends at a summer barbeque, or just about anywhere you can bring a bottle of our lemonade and ice cream (dairy-free or vegan is an option too!). This is the summer drink you’ve been waiting for and it’s perfect for children and adults alike. You might want to bring extra ice cream for seconds; don’t say we didn’t warn you!
Ingredients (Makes 3 cups)
1/2 c. Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
1 tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
2 c. water
4 c. vanilla ice cream*
1/2 c. crushed ice
Sliced lemons, for garnish
*Tip: you can replace regular ice cream with a dairy-free or vegan option!
Mix Lighthouse Lemonade and water together in a pitcher and place in the fridge to chill.
1. In a blender, add Lighthouse lemonade, water,freshly-squeezed lemon juice, ice, and ice cream. Blend until smooth and divide among 3 cups.
2. Garnish with slices of lemon, extra ice cream, and serve.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe. Be sure to tag us in your summer adventures with Lighthouse Lemonade on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
Finally, it’s getting hot outside!
Naturally, as soon as warm weather rolls around, we start craving the delicious summer foods we missed out on over winter. Bring on weekly barbeques, light salads, sangria pitchers, ice cream, and all the fresh fruit we can get our hands on!
Fruit popsicles are an obvious summer staple. Who doesn’t want to be relaxing by the pool with an ice cold popsicle? The reality is that store bought popsicles are laden with processed sugar and artificial flavours.
In response, we’ve developed a healthy alternative: made with our very own Lighthouse Lemonade! These popsicles are dairy free, packed with delicious fruit, and can be customized by adding your favourite ingredients. Try making these popsicles with the kids. They will have a blast experimenting with different flavours and tasting them after
*You will need a popsicle mold for this recipe. Check out Amazon for some great options.
- 1/2 cup Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peach slices
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango chunks
Mint & Kiwi Limeade:
- 1/2 cup Lighthouse Lemonade (Lemon-Lime Cordial)
- 2 cups water
- 1 handful of mint leaves, loosely chopped
- 2 cups frozen or fresh kiwi slices
- 1/2 cup Lighthouse Lemonade
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour frozen fruit mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze popsicles overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- To remove popsicles from their mold, run under warm water for 20 seconds
As always, share your creations on social media and tag us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
Pink lemonade is the ultimate summer drink! Unfortunately, most store-bought varieties are laden with processed sugar, artificial colours, and fruit concentrates.
This Mother’s Day, make a batch of all-natural pink lemonade using our very own Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial and fresh fruit. The key to this recipe is to achieve a balanced flavour by adding both sweet and tangy ingredients. Serve it virgin or add a splash of your favourite liquor!
Makes 6 servings of lemonade.
- 1 cup Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
- 2 cups water (divided)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 cups ice
- Lemon slices & frozen berries for garnish
- 6 oz. vodka (or your liquor of choice)
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Make the berry puree by blending the fresh raspberries and strawberries with one cup of water until a thick, smooth liquid has formed.
- Fill a large pitcher with ice, mix 1 cup Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial with the other 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
- Add the berry puree and mix together.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh lemon slices and frozen berries. Enjoy!
- Optional: For an alcoholic version, add 1 cup of sparkling water and 6 oz. of vodka to the mixture. Mix and serve.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to see the latest recipes, events, and our #MocktailMonday drink ideas. Cheers!