The holidays are all about quality time spent with family, fun, and of course, food. With all the turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce we’ll be chowing down on soon enough, it’s nice to mix a lighter dish into the menu.
This salmon comes out sweet and tangy, so it pairs easily with steamed asparagus for that weekday dinner on a chilly night, or with buttery garlic mashed potatoes to balance out a rich holiday meal. It’s also easy to scale up the number of fillets for when the extended family drops in last-minute (because you know it will happen).
We’re delighted to team up with Sobeys, a Maritime-based business whose roots out east run deep—just like our Maritime cordial—to offer you this recipe.
● 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz each), skin on
● ½ tbsp olive oil
● Salt and pepper to taste
● ½ tsp paprika
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● ¼ tsp chili powder
● 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
● 1 lemon, sliced
● 2 tbsp soy sauce
● 2 tbsp Compliments honey
● ¼ cup Lighthouse Lemonade cordial
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. Place salmon on baking sheet and pour olive oil over top. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Rub paprika, garlic, chili powder, and parsley on salmon. Put the lemon slices under the fillet(s).
4. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour gently onto over the salmon.
5. Bake for 13 minutes. Salmon should be flaky but not overcooked. Turn over to broil and cook for 3-5 more minutes. Salmon should now appear caramelized.
6. Discard skin and serve right away.
While the salmon is in the oven, there’s plenty of time to steam veggies or mash those ’taters, so a healthy dinner can happen in under 30 minutes. Best of all, you can pick up the ingredients on your way home. You’ll find everything you need at Sobeys stores in Ontario: even our delicious cordial!.
We’d love to see how you pair your Baked Honey-Lemon Salmon! Share your photos with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. #LighthouseLemonade
Photo by @cookingclassy on Instagram.